Apply For Housing Here
Choose Your Language
PRE-APPLICATIONS FOR HOUSING COMMISSION OF ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY (HCAAC)
FAMILY, DISABLED, AND SENIOR (62 AND OVER) ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
Before you begin the application process, please have available your
social security card, names and
dates of birth of all family members. Also you will
need income of all family members. Make sure you have typed
correctly all information. Have
paper and pen ready to write down your confirmation number.
Submit only ONE application to the Housing Commission of Anne Arundel County (HCAAC). Duplicate
forms will not be accepted.
Applications can be received online anytime during the wait list period. Applicants will receive a confirmation number to acknowledge successful transmission of the application. By submitting this pre-application information you are not guaranteed placement on any waiting list.
Maintaining Your Status on the Waiting List
If you are added to the waiting list, you will be notified by mail when scheduled to attend an orientation or if we are updating our files. If you do not respond to our notifications, or your letter is returned undeliverable, your name will be removed from the waiting list. If you have a change of address, phone number, income or family size, you must notify us within 10 business days of the change. ALL CHANGES MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA OUR WEBSITE THROUGH THE APPLICANT PORTAL. No changes will be taken over the phone.
- An applicant must qualify as an individual or family as defined by HCAAC.
- Head of household must be at least 18 years of age at the time of this pre-application.
- A family's annual income at the time of admission must not exceed the established income limits at the time of admission according to the maximum income by family size established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- Applicant and all adult members of the family must pass a criminal background check.
- Applicant or any member of the family that has ever been convicted of manufacturing or producing methamphetamine on the premises of any federally-assisted housing or any family household member that is subject to a lifetime registration requirement under a state sex offender registration program will not be eligible for housing assistance.
- Applicant and all members of the family must provide documentation of social security numbers for all family members or certify that they do not have social security numbers at the time of initial eligibility interview.
- Applicant and all members of the family must meet USHUD requirements on citizenship or immigration status.
- Applicant or any member of the family who currently owes rent or other amounts to HCAAC or any other housing authority, any other landlord, or any utility company will not be offered assistance until the outstanding balance is paid in full.
The Housing Commission of Anne Arundel County does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability, ancestry, or sexual orientation in the access to, admission into, or employment in, housing programs or activities.
Enter your Agent Code here...